03 November 2012

Cougs? I was at the game. Where were you?

Being the great godmother I am, I felt it was time to take little man Daybreak to his first college football game.  Wazzu was coming to town again - yep, twice in one season. How lucky am I?  Sure would have been nice if they'd win a game though.  The BYU game was a little better, I felt like Wazzu wasn't playing out there.  But we still had a great time. 






Now, I feel the need to complain here.  I haven't blogged on it yet, but my doctor put me on a super restrictive diet for a month. I've lost 8 pounds (much of which I gather is muscle because I haven't been able to run since.) Even before my health issues, I wear a size 2. I'm 5'7" and wear a size 2.  I'm not a big person. The pants I am wearing in this photo are a size 2.  Why do I look so fat in photos. And this isn't something new. Anyway, no more selfish talk.  We each wore our school colors.

I was the perfect hostess I think. I taught the little man to make the various Utah hand symbols, like this U (sorry, photo didn't catch it all - it was taken with my phone.


We went over to find some of Mr Daybreak's friends who have season tickets. We grabbed a quick photo with one of them.





Here's the little man with the stadium


I told him I was going to buy a big #1 finger for him. And since I forgot to pack his Utah ball cap for the weekend, I said I'd buy him a beanie. But we couldn't find either at the stadium. My friend mentioned that if I take my tickets to the Red Zone (store that sell Utah Utes gear) I'd get 20% off. How cool is that?  And they had the fabulous finger.  Though they had beanies, we saw this football pillow - just like the one I've had on my bed for years, and years - except this one is for the Utes. Little man choose the pillow - I can't blame him. I love mine too.


And before all the excitement of the game, I was part of a family baby shower for my cousin. Little man is practicing holding a baby for when his mom has his two baby sisters in a hopefully no less than 7 weeks.  I think he's got it down.

Oh, and notice the cute football shoes on baby Oliver? He had an awesome sporty outfit on for the party.

No comments: