09 March 2010

What Are You Looking At?


Did you see my FB status on Saturday night?

"
Quote of the night "It's stuck between my legs and I can't get it out..."
Thanks Aunt Joyce [AJ] for keeping us entertained at dinner tonight"...


See that little red thing hanging from AJ's keyring? That's what was stuck between her legs. We went to dinner at a casino just outside of Mesa on Saturday. AJ is my uncle's sister. As we walked into the casino, she showed us this alarm that she had on her key ring. It is the kind that where when someone attacks you, a little trigger easily pulls out of the alarm and this annoying, loud tweet starts sounding. AJ then proceeds to demonstrate the effectiveness of the alarm. Heads turned...

We got into the restaurant (all-you-can-eat crab night, how could we refuse the invitation), and within minutes, the alarm started chirping, it had been triggered again. And then again a little while later. And then again while AJ was walking with her plate back to the table. The other patrons were looking at our table. "Does she have a bird in her purse?" could be heard from one direction. "What is that?" - though was the most common reaction. We were laughing SO hard. Crying actually, and with the crab juice on my hands, I couldn't exactly wipe the tears away. AJ was shouting the funniest things, including: "It's stuck between my legs and I can't get it out." I'm pretty sure some of you are thinking - I guess you had to be there, and maybe you did. But if you heard half the adventures of AJ, man, she's a riot! And so great to be around.


Fun, fun night!

No comments: