27 March 2010

The Homestead


To celebrate Ms Kappa Delta's birthday, her sister let us go out to her family's cottage at The Homestead. So I flew into DC and got right into a car to drive out to the resort. A resort founded in 1766 (yup, before the US was the US) by Thomas Jefferson, who frequented the natural hot springs in the area, a majority of the US Presidents was vacationed there ever since. The Presidents' Lounge has portraits of their distinguished visitors. Apparently Honest Abe was not a guest, so I settled for a photo with Reagan and Bush Sr and some clown that followed them, ha ha. But there hasn't seemed to be a Presidential visit since as those were the newest portraits.


Remember this sign from the preview blog...


With drivers and riders like this, no wonder we should watch out for them...


We spent some time watching movies...


reading...


Lizard prepared a yummy dinner...



And of course, with the help of her cell phone, kept her relief society on track back home.


This photo doesn't show the whole resort as I'd hoped, but you can still tell it's so beautiful...


There were some odd speed limits in the area...


Have you seen Back to the Future? Do you remember his house? This looks a bit like it...


Here's one my grandmother would like to live in. It's ALL pink...


We all had a fun, relaxing weekend. Enjoying the hot tub on the back porch of the cottage, swimming in the natural spring fed pool (no swimsuit shots to be posted, hehe), tossing a frisbee (trying to avoid stepping on the deer droppings). I'm glad it was the start of my vacation. I needed to relax and spend time with some old (only in terms of how long we've been friends and not their age) good friends. It was a perfect weekend.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Looks like a blast! Glad you got to get away and enjoy.