14 February 2010

The Year of the Tiger

Happy Chinese New Year. Year 4048 starts today. So of course, we celebrated last night. Again, the family party was a hit. We started with our yummy Chinese dinner. The recipes for what I made are on the food blog some friends and I have. There were so many cookies for dessert. And of course, there were fortune cookies. What was my fortune? (Since it already came true, I can tell you.) "You should be able to undertake and complete anything you desire." What have I desired for many years now? You'll never guess. It's to win the Mah Jong tournament. As as I already gave away by saying my fortune already came true, I won last night.


I'd like to thank my family for all their support over the years as I've trained and practiced for this day. I'd like to thank my friends who have participated over the years in my family's tournament. I'd like to thank... hehe I'm not this cheesy folks. But I am excited to have the dragon acting as a symbol of luck in my home this year. He'll sit on the mantle in all his glory.


There were also some impressive cookies. Mr and Mrs Bean made Mah Jong tile sugar cookies, drawing with frosting all the tile symbols on the cookies. I don't have photos of the tiles, but here are some of the ones with words... specifically, the words Mah Jong.


We had some fabulous shirts to celebrate the evening.


There were so many great prizes to be had by all. This flashlight opens it's mouth and growls when you turn it on. Awesome!!!


And I couldn't not post a photo of this cutie. He loved sucking on his grandma's face. So cute!


Can't wait for next year's game.

Now I'm off to our Annual Valentine's Day Hearts Tournament...

No comments: