21 August 2008

Time for the Olympic's dance competition...


...or I mean the rhythmic gymnastics. Who would've thunk hula hoop would have become an Olympic event? You may think you are watching a circus side show act (and you may even see them there someday); but really, if you are at home during the day or can set your TIVO like I do, you should spend a little time watching this dance competition (I know its called gymnastics, but it really is a stage for dancers.) I swear they cut the hamstring muscles and do something to their hip joints - they are SOOO flexible. I would never want to attend yoga or Pilate's class with these women - let alone try to be their instructor.
I invite you:
enjoy as these women perform with a rope, hoop, ball, ribbon or with clubs;
enjoy as they perform alone, in pairs or in groups (think synchronized swimming on dry land);
enjoy possible new activities you can use for challenging your kids' (or your own) coordination.

1 comment:

Dave and Loralee said...

I happened to catch part of these during the Olympics and holy crap! I was amazed at the timing involved with some of those throws. Maybe it was because I was sleep deprived at the time but it was pretty cool.