26 August 2008

An End to My Patience


Back in June I decided I needed to breakdown and hop on the “NOW” wagon. I tend to be a little behind the times on some things, well, most things. So, I ordered a digital camera. I already had an idea of which one I wanted. I just hadn’t found the price I wanted. June 3rd, I found a great price, so I ordered the camera. A few minutes after receiving my emailed order confirmation, I received a call. It was a sales guy, he was wondering if I wanted to order any upgrades? “Everyone orders a battery since the battery that comes with the camera only lasts like 15 minutes…” For real, he told me that. “Um, are you selling refurbished cameras then?” I asked. He told me it was new equipment, so I proceeded to tell him that I would like my order as is, that I have friends with the same camera and I know for a fact that the battery will last me longer than 15 minutes. Conversation ends. I don’t add anything else to my order. We hang up. Next thing I know, I am reading an email explaining my camera is unexpectedly now on back order, they ran out of stock. Funny, when I placed the order, it said it shipped out same day and arrived within 3-5 business days. Oh well, it was still a good price, so I decided to wait.
The beginning of July I looked at the website to check my order status, but the site didn’t recognize my order number. So I contact the company and ask what the status of my order is. They tell me it was indeed on back order, a 6-8 week back order. Oh my, so I just tell them to continue with the order. I searched online again to see if maybe I could find a better price now, but that site still had the best price… I was beginning to wonder how.
The beginning of August comes and goes and the camera does not come and my patience is going. I contacted them again last week finally; it’s still on back order. Today, I just happened to be searching around for online specials, and I find the camera – at a lower price. Immediately, I contact the first company and canceled my order, and placed the new one. It’s already confirmed shipped. I may post pictures I actually take yet (and not just random ones I find on the internet.) We’ll see.

Maybe the carrier will end up losing this one.

Fingers crossed nothing happens!

No comments: