05 July 2016

Fourth of July Weekend

We started the weekend by attending a fundraising performance of Xanadu at the Orem Hale Theatre. Three years ago I attended the performance with some friends and LOVED it. Recently, the director was diagnosed with ALS, so the cast reunited for a two week run with all proceeds going to Chris Clark's medical fund. I'd learned that my father-in-law (FIL) is a huge fan of Olivia Newton-John, so I thought it would be fun for them to join us. The cast was just as funny, perhaps even funnier this go round. Like seeing it in 2013, I was able to purchase front row seats (this is a tiny theater in the round, seating for about 300). And the cast interacted with us. One of my favorite characters singled out Mr Dreamy and was flirting with him and then giving me the stink eye and the pointing her finger at me/I'm watching you motion. Another targeted my FIL for a while. It was a riot, we laughed the entire show.


Those long arms are coming in handy again

Almost as good as the real thing...


Saturday was also the start of the Deer Valley Music Festival season. Another summer of weekends in Park City for me. Mr Dreamy hadn't attended before, he's pretty excited for the perks of my volunteering and this other job. I'm excited to share it with him (and that he loves the arts like I do.)


A little dark since I forgot to snap a shot before the sun went down,
and you know me and following the rules. No flash photography allowed. =) 


We started out the fourth with a run around Daybreak Lake. I was super excited with #3 (I may nickname the kids by their number in the "lineup" as others do) said he wanted to run with us too. So it was my SILs, Mr Dreamy, #3 and I.



Luckily one of my SILs brought her phone and caught the sunrise.




We headed up to Park City to catch the parade (which majorly disappointed our crew, so we left early and headed to one of my (and theirs) favorite restaurants up there, Baja Cantina, for lunch. Then we rode the Alpine slide.


Riding up the mountain

#1 and #3 with Mr Dreamy on the lift ride up

Me with #2 and #4

#1


Getting ready to ride down the mountain. #4 doesn't like to smile for photos. We're working on it.

But as we were riding down, I heard lots of laughter and "weeeeeeeeee"

Glad I had my phone in my hand so I could snap some smiley photos of her.

She definitely liked the Alpine Slide

Finished up with some caramel apples (missing a couple cousins)

We had about an hour to kill that evening, so we started packing up my place and moving stuff to Mr Dreamy's house. The boys were excited by all my fun kitchen gadgets.


And we ended the evening with a good 'ole BBQ and fireworks.





Hope you had a fun Fourth of July too!

No comments: