I went and did another muddy obstacle run with my neighbors. A different, a lot bigger group this year. I didn't actually know most of them. My friend who does the PR for the company has always wanted to dress up as Pigney Spears (Britney Spears, the company logo is a pig - thus Pigney), so that's what we did. I forgot my long socks at home, so wasn't in full costume as others - but we were going for her look in the "Hit Me Baby...One More Time" video.
It was super cold (in the 30s when we arrived) so we are all bundled up still. But here we are clean.
We were the first heat of the race, 8am start. Much preferred to later in the day when the course is pretty torn up. It was still plenty muddy. And the water was so cold. I couldn't feel my toes for majority of the race (and for about 2 hours after.) You get so much water and mud in your clothing, you weigh twice your weight for most of the race. Just adds to the challenge. I had to get back for a luncheon, so we weren't able to wait for the rest of the girls to finish for the big group shot, so the three of us who ran together at least got a shot together.



No comments:
Post a Comment