And this one with little man and his twin sisters' hands. Tracing almost 5 month olds' hands isn't so easy. Go figure.
Last weekend, we celebrated Cinco de Mayo. One of my favorites because most Mexican is gluten free, so me friendly. The project we did that week was to make a piñata. Anyone can buy a piñata, only the cool people make their own. I decided the papier-mâché style was too messy. I found instructions for making one using a brown paper bag. Here is the final product. We were going for a Mexican hat dancer with flowy skirts. I should have taken a close up photo to show the detail on the upper part with her hair and the top of her skirts, but it took us a couple nights of work.
But I think it was worthy it.
Ready to attack.
We couldn't find the real bat, so use the Nerf one. It wasn't really tough enough. His mom took a good swing to start the breaking of the bag. And then he was able to break it apart. I filled it with bubbles, silly putty, some gumballs, a couple miniature candy bars, and some sidewalk chalk.
And then dinner was really yummy. Here are the things I made. you can click on the name for the recipe.
Chipotle Chicken Sweet Potato Skins
Shrimp With Avocado-Mango Salsa (I used quinoa instead of couscous though)
Chili-Rubbed Skirt Steak Tacos (though we didn't make tacos, I used the steak recipe only)
Mexican Haystacks (I used the steak meat for these, and the rice I used is the next recipe)
Green Rice (remember, using brown rice doubles the cook time, and I always have to add more liquid too. The chile relleno is great too, just wasn't on the menu this Cinco de Mayo.)





No comments:
Post a Comment