Have you ever heard of a Dinner in White? It started recently, I believe in 1988 in France first. It is a flash mob dinner, where everyone is dressed in white, all the decor is white. You find out the location only a short while before the dinner, you should up, you eat (you bring dinner for yourself, or dinner for two, and then dessert to share), you laugh, you converse, you enjoy the entertaining, you pack up and leave. Here are a couple videos from other cities:
Here is a link to a story about the New York dinner. (just click on "the New York dinner")
Salt Lake definitely wasn't as large as in other cities, but for the inaugural year, it was great fun and I think those who attended are going to do a great job of spreading the word. I was surprised when registering that I was registering for two. Thankfully I can rely on my standby gay date, Jeremy. I figured it would be a great opportunity for him to meet new people too. Most girls brought other girls instead of finding dates. I guess they didn't think guys would enjoy it. Or maybe they knew I'd show up looking so smokin' hot, they wouldn't be able to hold onto their man. What a shame! Ha!
Here are some photos of the event. If you are a local, search for Dinner in White SLC on Facebook and like the group. You'll find out when they hold the dinner next year.
Oh, and yes, I wore white after Labor Day, and I am sure Grandma Buckley was cringing from Heaven, but I only did it for this event. And it was great fun!
So, like I mentioned, the tables were in white (Oh, and they had a photographer. Thankfully they posted all the photos on FB, so these are some of said photos.)
And band played. It was great, they were playing radio hits with a jazzy touch
We also had a magician/flame thrower providing entertainment
Here is a photo of almost the whole dinner party together
The dinner begins with the waving of white handkerchiefs
I loved this photo of my friends (at the front of the photo). Their expressions are priceless
Here is a great shot of some of my friends
And another
Here's me and Jer
And we were sent off with sparkles
Yeah! Such a great evening.










No comments:
Post a Comment