And I'll be honest, that I'm a stickler about dating guys with at least a bachelors' degree. Not because I'd feel superior with more schooling, but because of what finishing school implies: commitment to finishing something and priorities.I remember going out with guys who had season passes to the mountain, who purchased new ski equipment and clothing every year, who traveled often, drove snazzy cars, but would tell me that they just couldn't afford to go to school full-time, so were taking longer to finish - and they were in their 30s. Does this mean that everyone has to have their degree to be successful? Bill Gates commonly reminds the world that that is not the case, but there aren't that many Bill Gates out there. And one could easily show me that is has his head on straight and is committed without a degree, yes. Just as someone can have multiple PhDs and be an idiot. But playing and spending money all the while complaining of not being able to afford getting ahead in life - that does not impress me. I don't care about the fancy cars and the fancy clothes. I'm big on security. I'm big on example. I'm big on priorities. I am big on commitment.
I'll hold that article to its promise, and will look to my 40s as when it will "happen" for me. (Though I still have a few years left of my 30s, so I'd be OK with now too.)
1 comment:
Interesting article. Thanks for the link.
Post a Comment