14 August 2010

Pocahontas Elopes

Really, I do come from a family that likes to elope. See paragraph 3 of this blog post for a quick recap of other elopers...

Well here's the latest. And last night, Friday the 13th, was a little party to celebrate the occasion. A lot of family unfortunately weren't able to make it for the fun festivities, but hopefully you all enjoy the photos and can feel a little as though you were there...

Here the fun of the cutting of the cake:

I thought I'd take photos through a chair so I'd be lower than the other cameras...
Except the chair blocked my flash... I quickly figured it out...


Please note, there isn't cake on her face already.
That's a scab, just one of the marks from a horrible car accident my cousin was in yesterday.
Other person's fault entirely.
(actually an accident just like mine - someone turned left in front of her)
Totaled her 3 week old car.






She got him

The brides older sister had to leave for work shortly after I arrived, so I didn't get a photo of her. Here's the rest of the immediate family though.

Brother and Sister-in-law of the Bride
(I thought of taking a more serious one -
my cousin's wife has the most AMAZING smile.
But we all decided personality shots are the best!)

Mother of the Bride
(and mother of the groom in the background)


Father of the Bride

My favorite part? My aunt took me around to meet everyone when I first got there. I got to meet people who have been friends with my cousin for 10 plus years. What an amazing group of friends. I was so impressed by them. Made me so happy to know my cousin is surrounded by such a great group of people. Oh, and her new husband? I loved that guy since I first met him, what - three years ago or so? Super guy!

Congratulations to the newlyweds!

1 comment:

Becca said...

Yay! Thanks for posting these pics and sharing the news!