Do you all know what a Grand Slam is? And no, I don't mean the breakfast you get at Denny's Restaurants. I mean when a baseball player steps up to the plate, the bases are loaded (there is a runner, or a player, on first, second and third base) and the batter hits a home run resulting in four runs, or points, from his home run because everyone on base gets to go home too. That's a Grand Slam. And a super lucky fellow hit one today. Frankly, I am the complete opposite of a Sox fan, I'm a Yankees fan. But any sports fan can, or should, appreciate the accomplishment of an athlete regardless of what team he plays on. Here's the headline:

It seriously doesn't get any better than that folks. Well, actually it does - it's be nice, and I believe he deserved, to have his name included. "Sox rookier Daniel Nava hits first pitch for grand slam." And folks, this headline isn't telling you he hit the first pitch of the game, or the first pitch of that particular at bat for him. He is a true rookie. It was the first time ever he stepped foot into Fenway Park (that's where the Sox play.) It was the first major league game of his career. It was the first time he stepped up to the plate as a major league athlete. And his first hit was a Grand Slam.
Nice play Nava! (You ever consider playin' for the Yankees???)
It doesn't get any better than that.
2 comments:
I stand in awe. Well written, my friend. Well written! Love ya! Becky
I had to use Dennis' gmail account to post:)
Post a Comment