So, I'm the girl who participates in the office March Madness pool (and does very well). I'm the girl who watches a game, really watches, and gets annoyed at the people who just talk the whole time and don't pay attention. I do definitely appreciate those who do not know much and ask honest question though. I love sports, I love watching 'em.
The joke a few years back in the office about how the wife one of my coworkers won their March Madness friends' pool - she picked up the teams by who's uniform she liked best. Sad, but true. Then I saw something today on ESPN's website where I am following the World Cup matches. Sorry, the screen shot isn't totally clear. Click here to go to the actual page if you want.
Really ESPN? You are grading uniforms now? Oh my... Is this really necessary? I didn't click on it. I really hope they are just rating the uniforms that provide the best aerodynamics, or breath the best so the players don't overheat. I am not clicking for fear of seeing an analysis of who's is the cutest...
Now notice the lower circled item? Today's noon-time game is Uruguay vs France. 12 years ago I was on my mission in Uruguay. The World Cup was being played in, yup, you guessed it, France. People in Uruguay liked to tease me about how quickly the US lost and finished their World Cup time up quickly. I liked to tease back that at least we were playing in the World Cup. The championship game was actually on my birthday. I remember the Sunday well, I had a horrible fever (I wasn't used to July being winter I guess.) I remember France won on their home field. Flash forward 12 years. Uruguay is playing France, and they are favored to win this game. (If you aren't following World Cup 2010, it's just begun, this isn't the championship game...) Should be a good match up!
Go Soccer!

1 comment:
I didn't know you went to Uruguay. That's where my dad went.
Also, I tried to watch South Africa and Mexico this morning and my stupid computer froze. Lame!
Post a Comment