14 October 2009

Makes You Wonder


How many of you experience deja vu? Is it often? Have you experienced it lately? I had a run in with it last Wednesday when I was called to serve in my eighth Relief Society presidency. I'm the first counselor again. I've really been wondering what was going on. In fact, Wednesday evening my nightly prayer began with asking Heavenly Father what He is thinking? (we have a pretty informal relationship.)

The other seven times were of course in singles' wards. Now I am in a family ward. I don't know what I can offer this time around (not that I thought I had anything to offer the last time). I'm feeling a bit inadequate.

When I was set apart, my blessing started out with something to the fact that I will receive confirmation as to why I received this calling.

It's only been a few days, and I'm already receiving some confirmation. I'm sure there will be plenty more over time.

I am excited for the opportunity to again serve in the Relief Society and to see what the Lord has in store for me this time. I've had to overcome a lot of challenges while serving in Relief Society presidencies and I am especially grateful that I was serving in the RS at the time because I know I received extra strength. I'm kind of hoping Heavenly Father takes it a little easy on me this time around, but who am I kidding? He knows, as do I, exactly what He is thinking.

7 comments:

Nicole Hernandez said...

Good luck! What are your responsibilities in the presidency? I know you have a lot to offer-whether it's education or skills.

Amy said...

:) I had no idea - is the whole presidency reorganized again? Or did you just replace one person? Who was the 1st counselor? Man, I hate missing church.

Caprene said...

A - welcome to the world of missing church due to having a newborn =)

Kim Palmer is the new RSP. I'm education. Elise is still RS Groups (formerly Enrichment) and Erin secretary. Just happened Sunday.

Erin said...

This is great. Sounds like you and this calling are just always going to be meant for each other. :)

Caprene said...

Erin - I think you were made for the calling. You are the one who was called our freshman year. I never would have tagged me, nor would you have then I bet, to be a frequent RS calling person...

dave + kirst said...

Carprene I just found out about this today (wasn't at church on Sunday) and you'll be fantastic. You can definitely teach all us girls a thing or two so just be confident and seek the spirit. We all love you.

meg.. said...

I'm sure you have more to offer than you will ever be aware of. I'm glad that you're serving in a family ward this time, and I'm sure you'll find that it's quite different. Best wishes to you as you serve.