Watching TV, it's hard to just sit there and watch. So I've started this year's Christmas gifts. I've found some patterns of stuff I'd like to sew, yes I can sew, and will start those in the fall probably. For now, I'm also going back to my cross stitching ways. A while back, I made a series of Santa ornaments for my mother giving her two a year over three years, but haven't made anything since. I love doing a cross stitch because you start with this simple white fabric. I go by color, so I do all the red Xs, then the dark red Xs, the dark green, the orange, the light blue, etc... finally ending with white. It's always so cool to see the shapes finally start to make sense. I just started this one, I'm six colors in now. It's actually on a plastic backing. It will at some point become little standing snowmen. I'll post a picture when they are done. These won't be going to my mother since she reads my blog and the surprise would be spoiled, so I guess I'll give them to one of my brothers and his family. But yes, I started making Christmas presents in April. This sort of stuff takes time you know...
06 May 2009
I Can't Just Sit Still...
I'm a little stir crazy when it comes to sitting still. When at church, in a meeting, at the movies, wherever, you'll usually find me with my legs crossed and the top leg bouncing or with both feet down, but constantly bouncing on my toes. It's just a little tough to sit still.
Watching TV, it's hard to just sit there and watch. So I've started this year's Christmas gifts. I've found some patterns of stuff I'd like to sew, yes I can sew, and will start those in the fall probably. For now, I'm also going back to my cross stitching ways. A while back, I made a series of Santa ornaments for my mother giving her two a year over three years, but haven't made anything since. I love doing a cross stitch because you start with this simple white fabric. I go by color, so I do all the red Xs, then the dark red Xs, the dark green, the orange, the light blue, etc... finally ending with white. It's always so cool to see the shapes finally start to make sense. I just started this one, I'm six colors in now. It's actually on a plastic backing. It will at some point become little standing snowmen. I'll post a picture when they are done. These won't be going to my mother since she reads my blog and the surprise would be spoiled, so I guess I'll give them to one of my brothers and his family. But yes, I started making Christmas presents in April. This sort of stuff takes time you know...
Watching TV, it's hard to just sit there and watch. So I've started this year's Christmas gifts. I've found some patterns of stuff I'd like to sew, yes I can sew, and will start those in the fall probably. For now, I'm also going back to my cross stitching ways. A while back, I made a series of Santa ornaments for my mother giving her two a year over three years, but haven't made anything since. I love doing a cross stitch because you start with this simple white fabric. I go by color, so I do all the red Xs, then the dark red Xs, the dark green, the orange, the light blue, etc... finally ending with white. It's always so cool to see the shapes finally start to make sense. I just started this one, I'm six colors in now. It's actually on a plastic backing. It will at some point become little standing snowmen. I'll post a picture when they are done. These won't be going to my mother since she reads my blog and the surprise would be spoiled, so I guess I'll give them to one of my brothers and his family. But yes, I started making Christmas presents in April. This sort of stuff takes time you know...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment