31 May 2015

Healthy Substitutes?

image from: http://www.plymouth.k12.ma.us/page.cfm?p=3258
As I've been trying to find some good recipes for gluten free food, I've been looking for blogs to follow. After not having a good February, I found that I was mostly eating sugary treats. I didn't have much of an appetite and nothing was sounding good to eat. At least there'd be that little momentary feeling of happiness you get from eating something that isn't good for you (darn you junk food), but that feeling went away just as quickly and I was left feeling icky again. I decide to cut out sugar and treats until July (I'm turning 40, and would like to celebrate with some yummy GF cake from Eleanor's Bake Shop). It hasn't been easy, it really can be like a drug as some dietitians have suggested. It's tough to beat. I don't want to pay for any programs, but have found some blogs that are supposed to focus on cutting sugar from your diet. Great... not really.
Most of the posts I am finding on these healthy blogs are just desserts, made with sugar alternatives. So they aren't really breaking the sweet tooth cravings, they are just finding other ways around it.
Not what I'm looking for. I'm fine with dessert on the weekend (my old habit that I'll probably return to after July), or for a special occasion. But not regularly, and definitely not because it is made with a sugar alternative. I just want to move away from sweets. Period.  I do have a couple sites I've found that just provide healthy cooking options. But if you know of any that you'd like to share? Let me know. 



No comments: