29 November 2014

Mission Reunion

So maybe it's because I keep in touch with people I want to keep tabs on already? I went to two reunions after I returned from my mission (the first one held after my return - not with my mission president, and the first one held with my recently returned mission president.) Maybe it's because we didn't have Facebook, email was new at the time - most of us just didn't keep in touch.

But, in October we did hold a reunion. My mission president and his wife came to town from California.  I talked to the people I already keep in touch with.  But it was a fun evening in all.  I did get to see my former companion and college roommate in person, which was great, since it's been TOO long since we've seen each other.  Here are some photos from the evening - thanks to others...


Here's the whole group:

My old comp/roommate

 
 I say we look pretty similar... (here's from college - I'm not sure why I'm so red in both photos though...)



The great things about this friend and I - we were never companions, but her dad (aka: the former Bishop Parrish) was my dad and uncle's Bishop as well as Mrs Daybreak's parents' bishop back in their UCLA ward days. And then she and I ended up in the same mission. I run into Bishop Parrish from time to time, and his daughter, pictured here, as well.  Something from that evening, I finally met her husband at the reunion.  I was just so impressed by him. Such a good guy. I love meeting the spouses of my friends (same goes for my former comp/roommate above).  They sure did marry some great guys...


And here I am with my former mission president and his wife



I am glad we got together in person. It's great being able to keep in touch over email and such, but nothing tops conversations in person.

1 comment:

Nicole Hernandez said...

It was so fun to get together! I would say you look the same-I look fatter :-)