In response to my last post, I thought I should explain, at last, why November is my favorite month.
Thanksgiving
#1 - I love to cook. Thanksgiving is all about food. You get to spend all day cooking a huge yummy meal. What's not to love?
#2 - Giving thanks. I love sending thank you cards. I think it is important to let people know how much you appreciate what they do for you or for others. I appreciate all the examples I have around me, and I let them know. I don't always remember, it is weird how forgetful I've been of late, and I apologize for all those who I've neglected lately. January should be better.
#3 - While I recognize that December is the month we celebrate the birth of our Savior - that isn't the focus of the holiday season. Thanksgiving is not commercialized as Christmas. Each holiday is what we make of it. I know not everyone chooses to actually focus on giving thanks in November. It is a practice I choose to focus on all year long. Just as I choose to celebrate the life of our savior all year long, his birth, his death, his resurrection. No commercialization.
So there you go.
I've been working 80 weeks since the start of November, so I haven't had much time for anything other than work, but I will do a little better come January with the blogging.
No comments:
Post a Comment