Report on New York and Toronto Trip... Finally
So I realized I haven't posted the rest of my vacation, that I took over a month ago now, yet. So here's the rest of the fun I had. I had planned on spending Monday and Tuesday with my cousin and her family. When I arrived, her hubbie presented me with another option, "Do you want to come with us to Toronto?" When it comes down to it, I'm not usually a really spontaneous person. But lately I've noticed I'm changing. I mean, I've always dropped whatever I'm doing to help someone out. That's never been an issue. Now I'm dropping more, I'm opening up to exploring other options, other paths (like going back to school.) I'd never been to upstate New York (Palmyra and Niagara Falls.) I'd never been to Toronto (only Canadian experience was Vancouver.) So I called a friend who used a spare key to get into my house and she overnighted me my passport. It arrived Tuesday so I figured, hey it must be in the stars. Wednesday - Saturday, two all night drives (one full of way too many missed exits and wrong turns - it's hard having to take tons of county and state roads to get somewhere. Why can't there be freeways taking you anywhere you want to go?), a couple movies on the laptop, three books (of course I read tons), and some fun photo time later, I can add three new destinations to my "been there, done that" list.
I'll post a slide show with all the pictures at the end, but here are some highlights if you don't want to sit through a slide show.
I love going to watch little girls dance classes.
Miss-E was so fun to watch.
(in the orange shirt)
Great coordination, spot on timing -
a fabulous dancer in the making.
Cecco and a friendly beaver
People talked about how I'd be missing spring on the East coast...
The cherry blossoms and all.
Well, I saw the start of spring.
I think sometimes I like that more.
When spring is showing winter that it's time is done.
Don't you love the comforters on hotel beds?
While in Palmyra we toured the homes where the Smith family resided.
This one is said to be 90% original.
I'm guessing the telephone on the wall is that other 10%.
Niagara Falls
Has anyone actually paid to look through these things?I didn't here, but it makes for a good photo opp, right?
If you look close enough, you'll see a faint second rainbow above the brighter one.
Me and my cousin
We got out of the car
and ran to find the falls
so we could snap some photos before dark.
Almost made it.
Little C actually didn't like the falls.
I think it was too loud.
We were still able to get some smiles out of her.
This was a cool building in Toronto.
It reminded me of a downtown Portland loft my dad used to live in
(if you follow the link, sorry the image isn't great,
but there's a Lewis & Clark mural on the facade))
I love that Toronto has recycling everywhere.
Here's inside of my now favorite market.St Lawrence Market
And Peameal Bacon is now one of my favorite dishes.
I'm working on mastering it.
Isn't she adorable?
I got to my cousin's house
she just sat right next to me
snuggled up
just stared up at me
with those big brown eyes.And here she is in a video
Car dancing is the best
Makes me smile every time I watch
Here's the rest
2 comments:
What a great pictures!!! And Baby C reminds me soooo much of her momma! You are so lucky to be able to see them!
What an awesome trip! I would love to go to those places. Lucky you!
Post a Comment