This is what two girls look like who didn't stay up past their bedtime to go to a movie.We were wide awake, able to enjoy the Saturday matinee.
And we just had to take a picture since so many friends' blogs
and FB pages have pictures at New Moon.
OK, don't judge me OK?
Going back to school, I had to look at my expenses and make some cut backs. One of the first things to go - movies. Specifically, movies in the theater at full price, or any price above the dollar theater.
Last Friday, perk of the job, one of my vendors sponsored a movie event and Vampirate and I went to see 2012. It wasn't too bad. There were definitely moments when the whole theater was silent because they could fathom the scene of destruction on the screen. But I thought it was clever. Also, I'm glad, though I am a conservationalist and am truly disappointed at how many people don't care about out planet... another post... another time..., I was glad the movie didn't blame the end of the world on global warming. Refreshing. And these days, original. Don't know that it's worth full price if you live in a place where you pay $10+ to see a movie, but definitely worth a look on the big screen.
Today, my Allstate agent took me to the movies. Now yes, I would prefer a deduction of my rates to an afternoon at the movies, but the Player and I (Mrs Avenues got sick, so wasn't able to come - catch you on another event when you're feeling better my friend) were appreciative today. First we hit Red Robin, of course a favorite for Oregonians like us. Bottomless fries, yummy burgers and the gingerbread shake with the tin. Isn't that the best part? Getting the second shake out of having the leftovers in the tin? So delicious! And then on to the movie. New Moon. We didn't win the action figures that were auctioned off, but we did enjoy the free beverages and a free movie. My favorite part in the theater? The first time Jacob's shirt came off, the women in the theater gasped for air, gulped, moaned, etc... sorry ladies, he's 17 - just can't look past that. But right after their reaction, a man sitting below us started busting a gut at the reaction. It was great! He and I, well at least I was glad there was someone else laughing at the people in the theater, and yes, I at times laughed at the cheesiness of the movie. I'm still newer to this enjoying chick flicks thing, sometimes I just have to laugh.
The movie isn't bad though. Some pretty cool special effects in this one. I liked it. I'm glad I got to go instead of getting it from Netflix as I'd planned.
So, thanks to my vendor and my Allstate agent for helping me out, letting me know I made the right decision in cutting out trips to the theater, and rewarding my efforts to save money.
1 comment:
Caprene! I did not know you have a blog. I just want to say you rock and I'm so happy we're friends! You're going back to school? I want to hear more. I'm thinking of attempting that after we leave this place. We'll see? Happy Holidays!
Post a Comment